Tate Exchange opens up five events as part of the Possible Futures project.
Possible Futures invites artists, curators and young creatives to re-visit and re-appraise the archive of the 198 Contemporary Arts and Learning from 1988 to 2016. Possible futures are explored in relation to the past and the present as a way of considering how we might move forward.
- Exploring the Nature of Archives, Art and Exchange: A symposium exploring archives, arts and exchange between small arts organisations and large cultural institutions
- Critical Contemplations: Artists Delaine Le Bas and Appau Junior Boakye Yiodam explore exchange between artists and organisations
- The Memex: Digital presentations and live audiovisual performances created by young people in response to the 198 archive
- Can the Archive speak?: Curator Chandra Frank explores subjectivity in the archive and exhibition space
- Off White! Becoming Visible and Taking Control: Youth practitioners, collectives, activists and organisers explore their thinking, strategising and making
This event is programmed by 198 Contemporary Arts and Learning, a Tate Exchange Associate.